serverpoint hosting banner

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Lean run was inevitable, says Virat Kohli


Lean run was inevitable, says Virat Kohli

Kohli crossed the 50-run mark for the first time in more than six months during the third ODI against England.


Mohali, (IANS): 
Virat Kohli, back amongst the runs with a fine 50 in Ranchi, feels the No.3 position in the batting order is best suited to him and he would like to carry on playing in the top-order.

"No.3 has been working fine for me. I wouldn't know too much about the lower order because I haven't batted too much there. I sort of like the pressure situation going in at three. And I like to finish off games as well. So, it gives me the right platform to do the job for the team, which I like to do," Kohli said on the eve of the fourth One-Day International against England.

Kohli crossed the 50-run mark for the first time in more than six months during the third ODI against England.

It is important for the Delhi batsman to score as he is one of the main candidates to lead the side in the future.

Looking back at his lean run, Kohli said: "There is always a balance in international cricket where you will get a phase where you won't score in four-five games and you've just got to keep yourself calm at that point of time because you know it is going to happen at some point or the other."

"You can't keep scoring in every game for a period of over 16 months to 18 months; so I was pretty calm at that point of time. For me, it is all about working hard in the nets regularly and just staying calm and staying patient. If you get frustrated, you sort of tend to increase that kind of lean phase that you are going through. You got to be positive, which I was and I am glad I was able to come out with that knock in the last game."

India are leading 2-1 in the series and given the extreme cold conditions expected in Dharamsala for the fifth and final ODI, Kohli said they would want to wrap up the series on Wednesday.

"The next game is really very important. We have to step up and put up a consistent show tomorrow. It's not certain that we can have a game in Dharamsala, so this becomes all the more important tomorrow. So, we have to gear up and stay relaxed and prepare well and hopefully have a nice match."

No comments: